The AppGameKit GameGuru Loader update has been released today with a HUGE list of new features. The main eye-candy is the support of physics events and reactions.
Here's a screen shot that shows a PBR drone model take from the Gameguru SciFi pack rendered using with a reflection probe with AppGameKit GameGuru Loader code:
Here's a full list of what we've added:
- Reading of the physics flags from map.ele files and the use of the GameGuru setup for all physics
- Mixed all PBR shaders into a single function getPBRshader(shaID,mobile,
- Removed all external PBR shader files, now using shader from a string
- Removed physics from decals
- Added physics shockwave explosion.
- Converted all decal shaders to string based shaders
- Enabled transparent from lua on decals "transparent75.lua"-"
transparent50.lua", to control how transparent a decal is
- Added a safe zone to cascade camera to stop more flicker
- Introduced all desktop shaders into the same shader code PBR and nonPBR, select by if. To reuse shader code and make it easy to maintain
- Moved terrain shader to string based shader. To reuse cascade shadow shader code
- Moved vegetation shader to string based shader
- Added contrast and brightness settings to vegetation shader
- NPCs now die when too close to a explosion shockwave
- New light commands that allow you to stick a dynamic light to a object, even if it moves, also work on NPC. The commands are:
COMMAND.lua values must be in the format using 3 digits for RED-GREEN-BLUE-RANGE.
- circle030: will make a dynamic light that circle the object using radius 030
- rnd030: will change the intensity randomly at speed 030, God for fire...
- noy: will place the light in the exact center of the object.
- Added more general/global light, to be able to better control contrast/brightness, gives way better overall visuals
- Decreased skybox bloom trigger so it limits bloom after additional global light
- Increased PBR ambient so non-PBR and PBR have the same amount
- Added player jumping
- New settings added: enablephysics,
physicsIgnoreFoliage, explosionRange#, explosionStrength#, enablePlayerJumping, playerJumpHeight#
- Added code to release gun from hand of NPC when they are dead. ( not on by default ) as we are missing a collisionmesh for the gun for now. Can still be used if you just want to be able to pickup NPC weapon/ammo
- Added setting terrainPolygonReduction
- Terrain polygon reduction, allows you to replace part of the terrain with planes, or just remove unused terrain(Automated)
- Supersampling SSAA medium - set postprocessshaders = 4 (not for mobiles)
- Supersampling SSAA high - set postprocessshaders = 5 (not for mobiles)
- New setting "convertOldMediaToPBR"
- Inactive ragdools are now converted to static objects when you don't need them anymore
- Non ragdoll NPCs can now die from explosions
- New setting: ragdollToStaticAfterSec = 20 // Convert dead ragdolls to static after this time, and your not nearby the object
- Added Physics objects that have problems are now converted to static after some time where collision problems are not solved by bullet physics
And the fixes in this version are:
- Fixed Crosshair was not restored when coming out of water
- Fixed cascade shadow when using physics and gameguruscale# = 1
- Fixed cascade shadows to fit gameguruscale# = 1
- Fixed terrain LOD using gameguruscale#=1
- Fixed: reflection probes, had problems in latest AGK version (SetCameraOffCenter act different)
Take a look at AppGameKit GameGuru Loader: